ADSM-L

Re: maximum size of recovery log

2000-08-03 13:45:07
Subject: Re: maximum size of recovery log
From: "Brian T. Huntley" <bth AT CLARKSON DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 13:45:07 -0400
Hi, Irene...

I believe the max size of the recovery log is 5.5 GB (ADSM Administrator's
Guide, page 356)... A 4 GB log seems pretty large... what seems to be
filling it?

On Thu, 3 Aug 2000, Irene Braun wrote:

// We are running Version 3, Release 1, Level 2.40 of ADSM.  I am
// attempting to increase the size
// of our recovery log which is currently 4 gig in size.  When I try to add
// a 2 gig volume to it
// I receive the following error:
//          ANR2452E DEFINE LOGVOLUME: Maximum recovery log capacity exceeded.
// Is there a maximum recovery log size of 4 gig in the version of ADSM we
// are running?
// If not, does anyone have suggestions on how to handle this problem?
// Thanks in advance,
// Irene
// EMAIL:irene.braun AT ualberta DOT ca
//

-
Best regards,
Best regards,
Brian

| Brian T. Huntley                         Systems and Network Engineer |
| Campus Information Services, Clarkson University                      |
| Ph/FAX: 315.268-6723/6570                                             |
| bth AT clarkson DOT edu                                 www.clarkson.edu/cis |
 UNIX *is* user friendly. It's just selective about who its friends are.
        PGP Public Key available. finger bth AT clarkson DOT edu