ADSM-L

Migration ADSM 31 - TSM 3.7 - TSM 4.1

2000-08-03 03:13:37
Subject: Migration ADSM 31 - TSM 3.7 - TSM 4.1
From: Michael Abel <Michael.Abel AT RESNOVA DOT DE>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 09:13:37 +0200
Hi *SMers!

A customer of us is still running ADSM 3.1 (on AIX). Due to some resource
restrictions (budget etc.) we will not be able to migrate to TSM 3.7
during the next weeks or months. Besides the licence aspect (TSM 3.7 can
only be ordered until Oct 25th, right?) I'd like to check out what
technical limitations we have to respect in order to plan the migration of
the boxes.

solution 1
adsm 3.1 - migration to tms 3.7 - migration to tms 4.1
this should be ok, right?

solution 2
adsm 3.1 - migration to 4.1 (in 2001)
can this be done?