ADSM-L

Re: 3590 K

2000-08-01 17:32:32
Subject: Re: 3590 K
From: Eliza Lau <lau AT VTCAT.CC.VT DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 17:32:32 -0400

> We have been using them since 6/25.  We have 300 3M K tapes.  No prolems
> at all.  We paid around $60/each, including labeling and initialization,
> although the vendor did properly label then internally for AIX/ADSM, as I
> had to label them all.
>
> Steve Roder, University at Buffalo
> VM Systems Programmer
> UNIX Systems Administrator (Solaris and AIX)
> ADSM Administrator
> (tkssteve AT buffalo DOT edu | (716)645-3564 |
> http://ubvm.cc.buffalo.edu/~tkssteve)

Hi Steve,

We are also looking into the K tapes.  Can the 3590-E1A drives with Extended
Media Support r/w both the old J tapes and the Extended Length K tapes?  Can
I use both kind of tapes or do I have to replace all 1000 J tapes with K
tapes?

 Eliza Lau
 Eliza Lau
 Virginia Tech Computing Center                email : eliza.lau AT vt DOT edu
 Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University
 1700 Pratt Drive
 Blacksburg VA 24060                           phone : (540) 231-9399