ADSM-L

Re: Tivoli backup for Mumps or Progress databases?

2000-08-01 11:48:16
Subject: Re: Tivoli backup for Mumps or Progress databases?
From: Mike Ehrman <tsmonly AT MAIL DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 11:48:16 -0400
John,
We just implemented TSM in July.  We have Progress databases on three of our
AIX boxes.  We shutdown the databases, run the backup which creates flat
files, startup the databases and then backup the flat files with TSM.  Right
now we can afford to have the databases down for a short period of time, but
we will someday be required to keep them up.  I would be interested to see
if there is a way in the future but have been told that there is not a way
at this time with our current hardware/software/database setup.

Sorry I couldn't help fix the problem but I thought knowing that others are
in the same boat as you would help.
Mike