ADSM-L

AW: Windows NT resstore senario

2000-07-27 08:28:44
Subject: AW: Windows NT resstore senario
From: Stefan Holzwarth <Stefan.Holzwarth AT ZENTRALE.ADAC DOT DE>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 14:28:44 +0200
HINTS:

Setup your new NT Server under an different name.
Try to install a "Base Recovery NT Installation" after the crash into a
differnt directory. i.e. c:\crash
Install same SP as before
Install the last running TSM ADSM Client under c:\crash\xxx, networt
dsm.opt...
Restore the file-system on c:\ !without! registryinformation
copy c:\adsm.sys\...( SAM, SECURITY, SOFTWARE, SYSTEM; DEFAULT ) to
C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\
Reboot original system (boot.ini!)
Restore registry for individual users with regrest or by hand (copy from
adsm.sys to userprofile)
Delete c:\crash...
---Until here 1 hour---
Restore data with running original NT environment
Restore data with running original NT environment

Needs some finetuning but works (tested)

With regards
Stefan Holzwarth