ADSM-L

Re: Netware long name support

2000-07-26 06:24:05
Subject: Re: Netware long name support
From: John Naylor <John.Naylor AT SCOTTISH-SOUTHERN.CO DOT UK>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 11:24:05 +0100
Blair,
Are you sure that the filespaces not converting require long name support ?
See extract below,  from TSM for NetWare Using the Backup-Archive Client

To see the name spaces that are loaded on a volume, enter volumes at the
NetWare console, for example: 411:volumes. You will see display similar to
this:

  Mounted Volumes                   Name Spaces                  Flags
      SYS                                        DOS, LONG
Cp Sa
      VOL1                                      DOS, MAC, LONG             Cp SA

  411:

VOL1 was backed up with the file space type of NTWFS or DOS name space.
When TSM starts a full incremental of VOL1, it detects that VOL1 has both
MAC and LONG name spaces, but that the data is backed up using the DOS
name space. This causes the file space to be updated to the long name
space. Even though both MAC and LONG are loaded, TSM chooses the name
space that can handle the longer name; in this case, it is the LONG name
space.

Hope this helps,
John

Blair Wickstrand <Blair_Wickstrand AT BR-INC DOT CA> on 07/25/2000 03:53:19 PM