ADSM-L

Windows 2000 backup

2000-07-25 00:04:20
Subject: Windows 2000 backup
From: Trevor Foley <Trevor.Foley AT BTFINANCIALGROUP DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 14:04:20 +1000
G'day,

I'm a little confused about TSMs support for backing up Windows 2000 clients
and no document that I've found removes any of my confusion.

I whole stack of new BACKUP subcommand have been implemented including ACTIVED,
EVENTLOG, REGISTRY, etc.

My main question is do I need to run all of these commands or does an
incremental backup of the C: drive pick up everything as needed. If these
command do need to be run outside a normal incremental backup how are others
scheduling these commands? How often? How do you see that the backup worked?
Can you restore version other than the most recent backup? If these command do
not need to be run on a regular basis what are they there for?

I am most concerned that I am not backing up everything that I need in order to
restore a complete system.

regards,

Trevor

This message and any attachment is confidential and may be privileged or
otherwise protected from disclosure.  If you have received it by mistake please
let us know by reply and then delete it from your system; you should not copy
the message or disclose its contents to anyone.