ADSM-L

Re: 3575 throug SAN Data Gateway

2015-10-04 17:29:34
Subject: Re: 3575 throug SAN Data Gateway
From: Etienne Brachel [mailto:hc_dmsr AT HOTMAIL DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hi Eric,

I recently installed the same configuration. I also had a problem. The SAN
DG was installed on an AIX machine and the devices (/dev/rmt0) were
available on the RS/6000. But writing to the tape drive was not possible.
Somehow the SAN DG wants to know what host is hosting him. Platform specific
that is.

This is what solved my problem.. (don't know if it will solve yours but you
can give it a try....)

You wil have to use NetTerm to connect to the gateway by serial connection.
When you got the prompt follow this procedure :

>disableCC (enter)
(now boot the SAN DG)
>set Host 0 "aix"
>set Host 1 "aix"
(reboot SAN DG again)

You can check the syntax in the user's guide.
After doing this it was running without any errors...

Hope it will work for you too...

Best Regards,

Etienne Brachel
Touch The Progress Services b.v.

'While you're reading this, who is managing your storage ??'