ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:29:34

Folks, for your consideration...

Regards, Charlotte
Email: lotti AT us.ibm DOT com
Ph (408) 927-3641 Fax (408) 927-3616 T/L 8-457-3641
Project Leader, Storage Management, ITSO Almaden
http://ibm.com/redbooks
---------------------- Forwarded by Charlotte Brooks/Almaden/IBM on
07/24/2000 12:44 PM ---------------------------

From: ITSO Admin on 07/24/2000 03:08 PM EDT

cc:    (bcc: Charlotte Brooks/Almaden/IBM)
Subject:  Residency Re-Announcement:  ST-0455 Tivoli Storage Manager and
      Oracle Databases

Residency Re-Announcement:  ST-0455 Tivoli Storage Manager and Oracle
Databases

Benefits to Resident:  The residents will have the opportunity to try out a
full range of product functions in a risk-free multi-platform lab
environment (including AIX, NT and Solaris). Through direct access to
developers and working with expert peers they will be able to develop
leading edge skills and have early access to new Oracle backup functions.
The skills learned should be of direct value to customers and will be
particularly worthwhile for residents involved with consulting, solution
design  and service implementation projects.

This residency begins 5 Sep 2000, ends 13 Oct 2000 (6 weeks), and requires
3 residents.

industry-leading database and storage management products: Oracle and
Tivoli Storage Manager. The project produces a new redbook discussing how
to implement and use Tivoli Storage Manager and Tivoli Data Protection
products to back up and restore Oracle databases in a variety of
environments (such as AIX, NT and Solaris), including the new TDP for EMC
Symmetrix for Oracle on Solaris hardware integration.

Objectives:  We will take the latest levels of code for Tivoli Storage
Manager, TDP for Oracle, and Oracle to test their integration and function.
We will develop various backup and recovery scenarios and procedures and
document their implementation.  Day-to-day tasks, problem solving and
process automation will also be discussed. The deliverables will include an
IBM Redbook and Web-delivered materials describing our experiences.

This residency is suitable for Customers, Business Partners, and IBMers.

A basic requirement for all residents is the ability to read and clearly
express concepts and procedures in common English.

Resident Prerequisites:  This is very much a hands-on project, so extensive
practical experience with Tivoli Storage Manager, TDP for Oracle, and
Oracle database management on various platforms is required. At least one
resident should have experience with EMC Symmetrix disk, Timefinder
software and Solaris. When nominating, please provide specific examples of
work completed in any of these areas and specific products and operating
systems worked upon.

Skill levels below are from 5 to 1, where 5 = expert skill and 1 = no
skill.

You personally do not have to have all of these skills to be considered a
good candidate for this residency.  The project leader will match your
skills with that of the other nominations to put together the best team
possible.

Skills Needed:

|----------------------------------+-----|
|Skill Area                        |Skill|
|                                  |Level|
|----------------------------------+-----|
|English                           |  4  |
|----------------------------------+-----|
|Practical experience in Tivoli    |  4  |
|Storage Manager implementation and|     |
|administration                    |     |
|----------------------------------+-----|
|Using Tivoli Storage Manager to   |  4  |
|back up and recover Oracle (TDP   |     |
|and RMAN) - specify platforms     |     |
|----------------------------------+-----|
|Solaris system administration     |  4  |
|----------------------------------+-----|
|EMC Symmetrix/Timefinder          |  3  |
|implementation or administration  |     |
|----------------------------------+-----|

Documentation Skills Needed:

|----------------------------------+-----|
|Documentation Skill Area          |Skill|
|                                  |Level|
|----------------------------------+-----|
|Ability to communicate ideas and  |  4  |
|concepts verbally and graphically |     |
|----------------------------------+-----|
|Experience with FrameMaker for    |  3  |
|desktop publishing                |     |
|----------------------------------+-----|
|Using Freelance for creating      |  3  |
|graphics                          |     |
|----------------------------------+-----|

These documentation skills are desirable, but not critical, for acceptance
into this residency.  The only definite requirement is a readiness to learn
and to handle your own data entry needs.

Nominees should have the approval of their managers before submitting a
nomination.  The ITSO will acknowledge all nominations.

If you have access to IBM Intranet, please click on this link
http://itsopok.itso.ibm.com/internsh.nsf/GetResidency?OpenAgent&ID=ST-0455
to go directly to this announcement and its online nomination form.
You can also go to the ITSO Intranet site at http://w3.itso.ibm.com and
click on the residencies link to see all current residency announcements
and submit nominations online.

If you do not have IBM Intranet access, please complete the form below and
send it to ITSO Administration. Since e-mail nominations are processed
automatically, it is important that you keep the field labels unchanged.

          Notes ID: ITSO Admin/Poughkeepsie/IBM@IBMUS
          Internet: itsoadmi AT us.ibm DOT com

Residency ST-0455-R: Tivoli Storage Manager and Oracle Databases

 -----------------------+--------------------------------
 First name*:           |
 -----------------------+--------------------------------
 Last name*:            |
 -----------------------+--------------------------------
 Position or job title*:|
 -----------------------+--------------------------------
 E-mail or Notes ID*:   |
 -----------------------+--------------------------------
 Telephone number:      |
 -----------------------+--------------------------------
 Fax number:            |
 -----------------------+--------------------------------
 Company name*:         |
 -----------------------+--------------------------------
 Business address:      |

 -----------------------+--------------------------------
 Country*:              |
 -----------------------+--------------------------------
 Nominee's manager*:    |
 -----------------------+--------------------------------
 Manager's e-mail or    |
 Notes ID*:             |
 -----------------------+--------------------------------
 Please identify        |
 yourself as belonging  |
 to one of the following|
 groups                 |
 Customer, Business     |
 Partner, Solution      |
 Developer, IBMer,      |
 Educational Institution|
 or Other*:             |
 -----------------------+--------------------------------
 IBM contact for        |
 non-IBMers (if any):   |
 -----------------------+--------------------------------
    and IBM contact's   |
 e-mail:                |
 -----------------------+--------------------------------
 Fields above marked
 with * are required.

Skill levels below are from 5 to 1, where 5 = expert skill and 1 = no
skill.

Skills:

|----------------------------------+---------+------|
|                                  |         |Skill |
|                                  |         |Level |
|----------------------------------+---------+------|
|                                  |Requested|Actual|
|Skill Area                        |         |      |
|----------------------------------+---------+------|
|English                           |    4    |      |
|----------------------------------+---------+------|
[...]

The above documentation skills are desirable, but not critical, for
acceptance into this residency.  The only definite requirement is a
readiness to learn and to handle your own data entry needs.

|-------------------------------------------------------------|
|Previous experience:                                         |
|-------------------------------------------------------------|
|Previous residency experience:                               |
|-------------------------------------------------------------|
|Other pertinent information:                                 |
|-------------------------------------------------------------|

Please fill in the above form as completely as possible. The more
information you provide the greater your chances of being selected.

For especially well qualified nominees, the dates and duration of this
residency are negotiable.

|-------------------------+------------------|
|Residency Start:         |   05 Sep 2000    |
|-------------------------+------------------|
|Residency End:           |   13 Oct 2000    |
|-------------------------+------------------|
|Duration:                |     6 weeks      |
|-------------------------+------------------|
|Number of Residents:     |   3 residents    |
|-------------------------+------------------|
|Nominations Close:       |   11 Aug 2000    |
|-------------------------+------------------|
|Candidate Selection:     |   16 Aug 2000    |
|-------------------------+------------------|

Location:  San Jose CA

Leader: Charlotte Brooks, San Jose ITSO Center
    Notes ID: Charlotte Brooks/Almaden/IBM@IBMUS
    Internet: lotti AT us.ibm DOT com

Manager: Charlie Ludeman, San Jose ITSO Center
    Notes ID: Charlie Ludeman/San Jose/IBM@IBMUS
    Internet: ludeman AT us.ibm DOT com

ITSO will pay approved business travel and living expenses for residency
participants based on IBM guidelines and Travel policy.  Complete
reimbursement guidelines will be provided in the ITSO Residency Acceptance
Letter.   For more detailed information about ITSO and about ITSO
residencies, see http://www.redbooks.ibm.com.

Details of these and other residencies can be found on the IBM Intranet at
http://w3.itso.ibm.com.

Further information about Redbooks can be found at
http://www.redbooks.ibm.com.

For regular updates about ITSO activities you can register for our Mailing
List at http://w3.itso.ibm.com.

Business Partners who are pre-registered for IBM's PartnerInfo site on the
IBM Extranet can use it to see current residency announcements and submit
nominations online.  For more information about registering for
PartnerInfo, Business Partners should see http://www.ibm.com/PartnerInfo
and their IBM representative.

Important:  Even if you cannot be a resident now, perhaps you could provide
or point us to appropriate, already-existing materials as potential input
to our development efforts.  We would appreciate your help in identifying
any useful material that can be expanded, referenced, or included as is.
If the material significantly contributes to the produced redbook, we will
acknowledge your assistance and may even name the creator as a contributing
author.  We believe that your help will leverage the value of the
already-existing materials and will result in better redbooks produced in
shorter cycle times.

The ITSO Residency program has been honed over many years to provide the
maximum benefit to residents and their businesses.  IBM organizations,
Business Partners, and customers that have provided residents report that
the returning employee has gained significant new skills to enable them to
support IBM's latest products.  These skills can be employed either
directly for services generation or indirectly in technical support of the
sales effort.  Furthermore, the contacts made by the resident within the
development community and with the other residents are invaluable in
keeping these skills up-to-date.