ADSM-L

Re: Netware long name support

2000-07-24 14:55:28
Subject: Re: Netware long name support
From: "Pratt,Miles" <miles.pratt AT GARTNER DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 14:55:28 -0400
Blair:

We have experienced similar symptoms on our NetWare (4) servers (dsmc 3.1.x
and 3.7.x) against TSM 3.1.X and 3.7.x. We have also tested with Arc Serve
and also get the results you describe. TSM support tells me that TSM uses
the native OS api's to access the data and they point the finger at Novell.
Novell in turn points back to *SM. While we haven't isolated the cause, my
NW Admin suspects it may be related to MAC namespace causing corruption.

The resolution seems to be running "vrepair" on the affected volumes and
then performing a "Selective" on the volumes. The LFN's then seem to be
fine. The downside is that you "lose" one of your inactive versions.

If anyone on the list has better information, we'd really like some help
here.

Regards,

Miles Pratt
Systems Manager