ADSM-L

Backup copy group

2000-07-24 09:19:45
Subject: Backup copy group
From: Joyce Woods <Joyce.Woods AT ITPMS DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 09:19:45 -0400
Hi Fellow ADSM'ers.

I ran into a big problem.  I totally misunderstood the backup copy group
parameters.  I have almost all of my backups within one copy group.  This is bad
!@!!  And the reason I now know this......is because a file that I thought would
be out there to be restored.........was not.  So here is my dilemma.  Some
servers we only need to keep 6 versions of.  But some......(that contain data
files which change everyday), we need to keep for 30 days.  Do I need to set up
a new policy domain, policy set, mgmt class and copy group.........????  And if
anyone has any documentation or really understands all theses parameters in the
copy group.  I sure would appreciate the input.  I am so tired of feeling like
an idiot.

                                        Policy Domain Name
                                                                  FILESYS
                                        Policy Set Name