ADSM-L

hard cut-off time

2000-07-21 15:39:43
Subject: hard cut-off time
From: Phillip Guan <pguan AT SANSIA DOT NET>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 12:39:43 -0700
Hi all,

We have an environment where we'd like to implement a hard cut-off time for
backups to our TSM server. There are some boxes that start and stop a
database or do other pre and post commands that can't afford to still be
doing backups when a certain point in the morning comes up. In fact we don't
really want any backups going outside of a certain window. If they're still
going, we'd prefer they just fail and cancel their sessions and run their
post commands. Is there an easy way to implement this in TSM? To cut off any
backup sessions and put the server in a disable sessions mode or something
along those lines? or do i have to script that via KSH/Perl and do queries
and parse out the info and so forth to get the same effect?

Thanks,

Phillip Guan