ADSM-L

Making up to the minute backups pre-outage.

2000-07-20 18:41:32
Subject: Making up to the minute backups pre-outage.
From: Daniel Swan/TM <Daniel.Swan AT TELUS DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 15:41:32 -0700
Previous to a microcode upgrade on our ESS, we need to make sure we have
last-minute backups of all of our servers, and I'm not sure how to go about
doing this.

We want to backup right to the last minute before the upgrade, so I'd like
kick off all schedules the night before to get the bulk of the data, and
then
again just before the upgrade, to make the backups as current as possible.

I'd like to be able to create an ad-hoc uber-schedule, that would kick off
all
Unix server and oracle (a subset of all schedules) backups at a
predetermined time,
without touching our standard schedules.

How can I go about doing this?

Any help appreciated, Dan.