ADSM-L

Re: 3575 throug SAN Data Gateway

2000-07-20 12:51:09
Subject: Re: 3575 throug SAN Data Gateway
From: "Murphy.Jacqueline" <Jacqueline_Murphy AT FTB.CA DOT GOV>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 09:51:09 -0700
Try this website:
http://www.storage.ibm.com/hardsoft/tape/pubs/pubs3575.html

Jacqueline Murphy
 IBM Global Services
Hi *SM-ers!
I have a 3575 library attached to my AIX server via a SAN Data Gateway. It's
not working correctly. When I write to one of the drives I receive AIX
return codes (78 = connection time-out). The SAN DG log is flooded with
event code 41 errors, which require no user intervention according to the
manual !?!?!?

I cannot find any information about configuring the SAN DG for a 3575
library.
Can anybody point in the direction of detailed manuals? I've tried the IBM
Website, as well as the manual "Installation and User's Guide 2108 Model
G07", but this manual just briefly explains the field and options. It does
not suggest the correct parameters. Nor was I able to find any information
about minimum microcode levels for the 3575 and the 3570 drives.
Any help will be very much appreciated!!
Kindest regards,
Eric van Loon

This e-mail and any attachment may contain confidential and privileged
material intended for the addressee only. If you are not the addressee, you
are notified that no part of the e-mail or any attachment may be disclosed,
copied or distributed, and that any other action related to this e-mail or
attachment is strictly prohibited, and may be unlawful. If you have received
this e-mail by error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail,
and delete this message. Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij NV (KLM), its
subsidiaries and/or its employees shall not be liable for the incorrect or
incomplete transmission of this e-mail or any attachments, nor responsible
for any delay in receipt.