ADSM-L

Re: Need to change Backup Copy Group......

2000-07-20 11:55:27
Subject: Re: Need to change Backup Copy Group......
From: John Naylor <John.Naylor AT SCOTTISH-SOUTHERN.CO DOT UK>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 16:55:27 +0100
Joyce,
You need to define management classes to cover your different requirements.
You cannot add a new management class to your active policy set, so you will
need to

1) copy your active policy set to a "backup" policy set
2) copy your active policy to a  "working" policy set
3) define the management classes in your working policy set that are necessary
to meet your backup requirements
4) define the backup copy groups and  archive copy groups with the relevant
parameters to meet your  objectives for each management class ie. number of
versions etc.
5) validate your "working" policy set
6) activate your "working" policy set
7) Change the client dsm.opt files to incorporate the new management classes in
your include statements
8) Unload dsmc for each client with the changed dsm.opt

Good Luck
John

Joyce Woods <Joyce.Woods AT ITPMS DOT COM> on 07/20/2000 03:52:00 PM