ADSM-L

Re: DRM processing tapes that are not full.....

2000-07-20 04:15:10
Subject: Re: DRM processing tapes that are not full.....
From: Sheelagh Treweek <sheelagh.treweek AT COMPUTING-SERVICES.OXFORD.AC DOT UK>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 09:15:10 +0100
Hi Cynthia,

I get around this by pre-processing the tapes due to be selected
with something like :

  upd vol <optional-id>* wherestg=<stgpoolname> whereacc=readw
      wherestat=full location=<uniquestring>

and then modify the move drm command to include something like:

  move drm <optional-id>* wherest=mo copy=<stgpoolname> tosta=courier
       whereloc=<uniquestring> toloc=<whateverloc> ...

So long as you use the same unique string in both commands this will
select only the full tapes.

We've done this for years now and you just need to be aware of any
tapes which are slow to fill (for whatever reason) being in the robot
and take action on those.  We write so much data that they generally
come out the next day and that is fine for us.  That would be your
business decision.

Hope this helps, Sheelagh