ADSM-L

Re: insufficient number of mount points

2000-07-19 10:37:46
Subject: Re: insufficient number of mount points
From: Steven P Roder <tkssteve AT REXX.ACSU.BUFFALO DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 10:37:46 -0400
> >The drive works fine on Solaris using the "tar" command.
>
> Jerry - The usual problem with this scenario, with any operating
>         system, is that the standard device driver was already
> loaded to control the drive, and you tried to deploy another.
> I believe that what you have to do is, somehow in Solaris,
> dissociate the tape drive from the usual device driver and then
> associate it with the mt one.

Yes, and to do this, comment out it's target and lun id's from
/kernel/dev/st.conf so that "st" will not configure it.  You can then
remove all the "st" the entries in /dev/rmt, and reload the mt/lb drivers.

/usr/sbin/rem_drv mt
/usr/sbin/rem_drv lb
/usr/sbin/add_drv -m '* 0666 bin bin' /usr/kernel/drv/mt
/usr/sbin/add_drv -m '* 0666 bin bin' /usr/kernel/drv/lb

Note that lb is only required if you have a library changer, rather than a
standalone drive.

Hope this helps,

Steve Roder, University at Buffalo
VM Systems Programmer
UNIX Systems Administrator (Solaris and AIX)
ADSM Administrator
(tkssteve AT buffalo DOT edu | (716)645-3564 |
http://ubvm.cc.buffalo.edu/~tkssteve)