ADSM-L

Decision Support for TSM

2000-07-18 16:10:52
Subject: Decision Support for TSM
From: Gerald Wichmann <gwichmann AT SANSIA DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 13:10:52 -0700
Is anyone familiar with setting up Decision Support for TSM?  I?ve managed
to get it all installed but it?s griping when I run the Decision Support
Loader to pull data from the TSM server and put it in the MSSQL 7 DB.. All
my ODBC connections seem to work fine. I think the problem is with MSSQL 7..
perhaps something I did wrong or didn?t do. There isn?t much documentation
on what to do with your DB but it looks to me like it?s trying to take data
from the TSM server and put it in tables called ?CLIENTERROR? in the mssql
DB.. only the mssql DB that I created doesn?t have any tables in it yet (it?
s essentially empty).

The actual error I get when I click ?GO? is..

Verifying database connection to all the servers listed in the server list.

SFAIX2 uses ODBC driver version: 03.07.0200
Server = SFAIX2
DataSource = TSMSQL
Server values = DSN=SFAIX2;UID=admin;PWD=admin
Thread ID = 151
Error encountered while processing this server.
Moving to the next server on the list.
Error processing server SFAIX2
Error Number = 40002
Error Source = SmTds.SmObj.ClientErrors:MSRDO20.DLL
Error Description = Error copying data from TSM database:
S0002: [INTERSOLV][ODBC MS SQL Server 6 driver][Microsoft SQL Server]Invalid
object name 'CLIENTERRORS'.
Error Number: 208 - S0002: [INTERSOLV][ODBC MS SQL Server 6
driver][Microsoft SQL Server]Invalid object name 'CLIENTERRORS'.

Anyone know what to make of this? Any idea of what I might have not done
correctly? ODBC connections seem fine on both the DB and with TSM.. Can?t
get the decision support loader to do it?s job though..

Gerald Wichmann
RS Engineer
Sansia System Solutions
408-844-8893 work