ADSM-L

Re: DB2 redologs

2000-07-18 08:37:18
Subject: Re: DB2 redologs
From: Gyula Bereczky <bx AT MAIL.DATATRANS DOT HU>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 14:37:18 +0200
On Tue, Jul 18, 2000 at 07:42:46AM -0400, Bill Sherrill wrote:
> Up Databases" refers to setting up the db2uexit by compiling
> db2uexit.cadsm.   Does anyone have any additional information that they
> could share?
1. Don't forget to delete the older logs after you delete a backup from
*sm. ( I assume you will backup the db to *sm as well. )
You can do it with db2adutl as for the backups.
2. Keep in mind, that any time the userexit fails you have to restart the
db2 database manager, so that userexit will be started again. You have to
monitor it closely - there will be a USEREXIT.ERR file, if you use
db2uext2.cadsm -, because in case of failure your db log filesystem can go
100% easily.
3. I have set up a script on my *sm server to query the latest backups and
archives :
select max(archive_date) as "Latest Log", node_name as "Server Name"
        from archives
        where node_name in (<your db server list>)
        group by node_name
select max(backup_date) as "Latest Backup", node_name as "Server Name"
        from backups
        where node_name in (<your db server list>)
        group by node_name

I am sorry, I don't remember much more, I did it quite a long time ago...
--
                        bx
                        bx