ADSM-L

3466 Web Interface

2000-07-17 14:38:43
Subject: 3466 Web Interface
From: "Talafous, John G." <Talafous AT TIMKEN DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 14:38:43 -0400
From the Start-Up Guide for IBM 3466 Network Storage Manager, Chapter 2.
3466 Web Interface, I quote:

"The 3466 provides a Web interface to many functions. This chapter
identifies and explains the administrative functions manageable via the 3466
homepage. You can access the 3466 homepage by pointing your browser to the
3466 host name. From the 3466 homepage, you can download clients, see lists
of clients requesting registration, perform Tivoli Storage Manager
Administrative Tasks, review the AIX error log, and access Tivoli Storage
Manager documentation."

end-quote:

When I point to the 3466 homepage (IP address of the NSM) , I receive the
infamous "page cannot be found" message in my browser. Is there more to this
home page than documented here? Do I need to install/activate web server
software? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. The company (IBM
Business partner) I am dealing with has no experience with this. :-(  My
alternative is to develop an intranet site to perform these functions. But,
if it is already there I sure would like to access it.

TIA
John G. Talafous                         Sr. Tech. Prog/Anal
The Timken Company                 Phone: (330)-471-3390
P.O. Box 6927                           Fax  : (330)-471-4034
1835 Dueber Ave. S.W.
Canton, Ohio USA  44706-0927
talafous AT timken DOT com                  http://www.timken.com/