ADSM-L

Re: Sending Client events to Tivoli Console

2000-07-14 11:38:02
Subject: Re: Sending Client events to Tivoli Console
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 11:38:02 -0400
Well I don't know how the TEC works.  But I'm sending events to Netview via
SNMP, and the ADSM end should work the same, no?  So I would think the
answer to your question should be:

DISABLE EVENTS TIVOLI INFO NODENAME=*

What do you get back if you enter this?: Q ENABLED TIVOLI NODENAME=blah
where blah is one of the clients that is sending stuff to your TEC that you
don't want?

When I enter:  Q ENABLED SNMP NODENAME=BLAH

I get back:  All client events are disabled for nodename BLAH for the SNMP
receiver.

If your server says that events are disabled for client BLAH on the Tivoli
receiver, and they still get sent to the TEC, I would think you have a
bug...

(My server is ADSM 3.1.2.42 on AIX.)
Wanda Prather
The Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab
443-778-8769
wanda_prather AT jhuapl DOT edu

"Intelligence has much less practical application than you'd think" -
Scott Adams/Dilbert