ADSM-L

Policies

2000-07-13 16:34:00
Subject: Policies
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 13:34:00 -0700
For all the people who've had ADSM/TSM in place for some time please help me
out. I don't have much to go on since ours has only been in place for 9
months, 2 months in production. I just installed a new library section with
2 more 3590's but don't have them online yet because I'm waiting for power
to go in. But even when I do I'll only have 4 drives in the system.

So here's my dilemma, everyone wants the world but the world is not
available. They expect to do restores however and whenever they want. I know
if all drives are busy and they kick off a restore one of my processes gets
killed. If 4 or more people do this all my processes get killed. Since I'm
still learning I don't' know if I can change that or not. Sure I can prevent
all new sessions from logging on and doing anything but I don't know if I
can get away with that yet.

What I'm looking for is someone's approved policies as it relates to these
kinds of things. If users need files what is the policy in place they've
agreed to, or had to agree to, that makes sense for all.

Any help is appreciated.

Geoff Gill
NT Systems Support Engineer
Computer Systems Group