ADSM-L

Expiration woes!!!!

2015-10-04 17:29:33
Subject: Expiration woes!!!!
From: Alan Cheski
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Howdy, we are running ADSM V3.1.2.50 on a Compaq Proliant with
300MHZ processor
and 300+ Meg of ram and Windows NT 4.0 SP5. It seems that ever
since we upgraded
to V3.1.2.50 expiration processing gets hung up on filesystems
with thousands of
objects to check. What happens is expiration processing runs
fine and then when
it hits one of these filesystems the cpu usage goes to 100% and
the memory usage
goes to 100%. Then, the ADSM server process dies because it
can't allocate
anymore memory. We have a 500M pagefile as well. The
filesystems that seem to
cause the problem are oracle archivelog filesystems which can
have thousands of
files produced over a period of a month (the retention on these
archived files
is 35 days). This problem is snowballing because without
successful expiration
more and more objects are being stored that don't need to be.
Anyone have any
solutions?

Alan Cheski
Gulf Canada Resources