ADSM-L

Re: Expiration woes!!!!

2000-07-11 16:14:24
Subject: Re: Expiration woes!!!!
From: Palmadesso Jack <Jack.Palmadesso AT SWPC.SIEMENS DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 16:14:24 -0400
Alan,
I did have a problem similar to what you are describing a few months back.
I run ADSM on AIX but the problem was similar.  Expiration would hang up on
some files it seemed from looking at the console.  I was not able to start
any new admin or client sessions.  I fixed it by getting back to the command
line and killing the ADSM process and then restarting it.

Support had seen this before and recommended I upgrade from 50 to 55.  So I
upgraded from service level 50 to 55.  Have not seen the problem since then.
This only happened on the ADSM server that backed up using the Lotus Notes
Agent.  That Agent also generates lots of those little entries like your
Oracle agent.

Jack