ADSM-L

Re: New IP Address for TSM Clients

2000-07-11 16:06:00
Subject: Re: New IP Address for TSM Clients
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT MAIL.TJU DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 16:06:00 -0400
> we just installed a 155Mb ATM backbone just for backup.
> Now most of our servers have two networking cards (one for the
> 16Mb Token Ring and the other for the ATM back bone).
>
> How can I change the IP address so the TSM server uses the
> fast ATM connection and not the (up till now used) slow TR
> connection?
>
> If memory serves me well TSM notes the IP address on first contact.
> Does TCPCLIENTADDRESS in DSM.OPT help to change the
> address?

My site has been through this with both Unix and Windows client systems and an
ADSM 3.1 server. The tricky part in most cases was to get the client system to
use the new interface for packets going to the ADSM server. Once this was done
we stopped and restarted the client scheduler process (for Unix) or the client
scheduler service (for Windows NT).