ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:29:33
Daniel Swan wrote:
>I'm trying to load balance my backups over time, but it would help if I had
>a visual representation of what backups start when, and how long they take,
>somewhat like a Gant Chart.
>Is there any free tool to automatically read one's ADSM schedules, and
>output a nice graphical representation?

I'd be interested in hearing of any such tools as well, since it's a problem
that
we're finding as well.

At the moment, the best we've got is a Visio smart drawing that I cobbled
together
in a spare five minutes.
All the data has to be entered manually since to do otherwise would require more
knowledge of VBA/ODBC than I have at the moment ( = 0 ).

I'm now thinking that a nice Perl script using the Perl/Tk  or GD/Graph modules
would
be a way better solution, (cross platform for a start). I'll probably have a go
at that
when work permits. [or should we all drop a BIG hint to Tivoli ;-) ]

Failing that, anyone know of a tool that allows time-based bar charts on
hour/minute
scales? Microsoft Project doesn't appear to.

Regards

Bob Cross.

This message is confidential.  It may also be privileged or
protected by other legal rules.  It does not constitute an
offer or acceptance of an offer, nor shall it form any part
of a legally binding contract.  If you have received this
communication in error, please let us know by reply then
destroy it.  You should not use, print, copy the message or
disclose its contents to anyone.

E-mail is subject to possible data corruption, is not
secure, and its content does not necessarily represent the
opinion of this Company.  No representation or warranty is
made as to the accuracy or completeness of the information
and no liability can be accepted for any loss arising from
its use.

This e-mail and any attachments are not guaranteed to be
free from so-called computer viruses and it is recommended
that you check for such viruses before down-loading it to
your computer equipment.  This Company has no control over
other websites to which there may be hypertext links and no
liability can be accepted in relation to those sites.

Scottish & Newcastle plc
Registered in Scotland, Registered Number 16288
Registered Office: 50 East Fettes Avenue, Edinburgh, EH4 1RR

--Boundary_(ID_O+Ozt3kGxFu/f6a/XYrAnQ)--