ADSM-L

ADSM to TSM 3.7.3 migration problems on AIX with ACSLS

2000-05-19 03:11:01
Subject: ADSM to TSM 3.7.3 migration problems on AIX with ACSLS
From: Joel Fuhrman <joelf AT CAC.WASHINGTON DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 00:11:01 -0700
1) As documented, the license server is not part of the code downloaded from
the ftp site.  Be sure to have a level 3.7.x license server available.  I
would install it before rebooting so that you can add the licenses when the
server comes up.

2) The Installation Notes section of README.SRV.3730.txt says that "ADSM
will be deinstalled".  In my case, the ADSM server lpp products were not
removed.  It also says the an "upgradedb" will be done.  I couldn't see
where that was done and don't know how to verify if it was done.

3) The attempt to update the rc.acs_ssi /etc/inittab entry failed.  On the
reboot after the install, the ACSLS library server wasn't available.

4) The tape drives were unusable.  It removed the ADSM methods without
removing the mt definitions.  Without the method, a "rmdev -dl mt0" would
fail so I had to use odmdelete to remove the drives.  I sugges saving the
output from a "lsdev -Cc adsmtape" prior to doing the migration.