ADSM-L

AW: Restore times GUI vs command line

2000-05-11 03:35:05
Subject: AW: Restore times GUI vs command line
From: sal Salak Juraj <sal AT KEBA.CO DOT AT>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 09:35:05 +0200
Hi,

on both NT and OS2 clients in different 3.x adsm versions
I notice small to very large speed difference
while restoring over both 10 and 100 MBit network connections.

It appears to me the GUI requires large amount
of cpu time which slows the backup down.
This seems to be even true with P-III class computers.

Disclaimer: I have never really been investigating it,
I only believe to have seen it repeatedly.

Salak Juraj

KEBA AG
Softwareentwicklung Bankautomation
Gewerbepark Urfahr 14 - 16