ADSM-L

Re: TSM/HSM disaster

2000-05-09 16:05:17
Subject: Re: TSM/HSM disaster
From: Henk ten Have <hthta AT SARA DOT NL>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 22:05:17 +0200
  I wrote:

> Ok, here we go again....
>
> Backup (dsmc i) of HSM-filesystems (AIX & IRIX) will recall all migrated
> files.
>
> Anyone using TSM 3.7.2.0 on AIX (4.3.3.0) with HSM-clients (AIX and/or IRIX)
> having the same problems?

  After doing some tests, every test takes at least a couple of hours, all test,
  takes the whole day, I found the solution:

  Someone (thanks Jan Gerrit) brought up the idea to change the new servername
  back to the old servername (it's just a name anyway),
  so DEFAULTSERVER, MIGRATESERVER and SERVERNAME in dsm.sys,
  and SERVERNAME in dsm.opt back to the old name. Problem seems to be solved.

  Except for files which are migrated between last night and tonight
  (new servername - old servername), those were recalled again.

  After that I found out that a dsmreconcile will do the trick, it doesn't
  matter if you change the servername, after a dsmreconcile everything is in
  sync.

  I'm not sure if this "works as designed", I'm not sure if this is in some
  document, but at least it works.

  Cheers,
  Henk (who is happy again....for the moment....)