ADSM-L

Re: Automate Tape checkout

2000-05-09 09:28:57
Subject: Re: Automate Tape checkout
From: Lawrence Clark <Larry_Clark AT THRUWAY.STATE.NY DOT US>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 09:28:57 -0400
Hi Alyn:
This is part of a script we use daily. It selects a list of volumes in the
copypool that are not status offsite ( and so are in the library ), then issues
the command to check them out and change their status.

Offsitetape ()
# - readin tape vol input until EOF
# - issue checkout & then update to offsite
# - for each vol input
{
while read volname; do
echo "FOUND CANDIDATE FOR OFFSITE MIGRATION: "$volname
/home/root/bin/dsmcmd "CHECKO LIBV IBM3494A $volname "
/home/root/bin/dsmcmd "UPDATE VOL $volname ACC=OFFSITE"
done
}
# SECOND: GET LIST OF ONSITE COPY POOL VOLUMES
/home/root/bin/dsmcmd \
 "select volume_name from volumes where stgpool_name='OFFSITEVOLS' \
AND NOT access='OFFSITE'" > SQLTEST
grep "^[000]" SQLTEST > VOLLIST
#------------------------------------------------
# THIRD: CHECK CANDIDATE VOLUMES OUT
Offsitetape < VOLLIST
echo " done reading volume input"

Larry Clark
NYS Thruway Authority

>>> xxray AT USA DOT COM 05/09/00 09:15AM >>>
I'm trying to write a script to automate tape checkout and not to do one by
one by typing REPLY and then
Request Number.  Anybody has already done it.

I am on IBM RS-6000/ S70 AIX 4.3.1,  and ADSM 3,1,2.4  and Tape drive is
3570

Thanks,
Alyn

FREE Personalized Email at Mail.com