ADSM-L

Re: Frequency of Server Backups

2000-05-03 12:32:00
Subject: Re: Frequency of Server Backups
From: "Slaughter, Bill" <BillSlaughter AT TUPPERWARE DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 12:32:00 -0400
We backup our storage pools throughout or backup window.

I have a shell script run through them every couple of hours. Some are done
just once when we know the backups are done for those storage pools and
others are run every couple of hours to pick up anything that was missed.

We backup our database once a day, before nightly backups (Around 10:00pm)
and then we do a final incremental backup just before we send the tapes
offsite. We save about an hour this way since the incremental is so quick.

Bill