ADSM-L

Memory sizing for Netware servers

2000-04-28 09:59:10
Subject: Memory sizing for Netware servers
From: Blair Wickstrand <Blair_Wickstrand AT BR-INC DOT CA>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 07:59:10 -0600
For those who are running Netware5,

I will soon be involved in going to ADSM for backing up our Netware5 servers.
Can any one confirm the requirements of ADSM agents for memory and any other
'gotcha' a person might run into. From the web page I see where I'll need 1meg
of memory per 8000 files on the server(s) .We have a number of netware servers,
but the 2 servers which concern me are... One server has more than 3 million
files of maybe 24kbytes in size while another server has just over 1 million
files. Does ADSM support servers using NSS ? Any thing else I'll need to know
before we switch from Arcserve to ADSM ?

Thanks,