ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:31:36
I believe you may want to look at the 'data protection' agent for ORACLE,
which allow 'hot' backups of the database.

>>> MPGIMENO AT SANTANDERSUPERNET DOT COM 04/26/00 01:11PM >>>
I am installing TSM in a  customer that might be migrating from Legato
Networker.
They have asked the following question, that I am unable to answer. I wil=
appreciate every help you could give me.

1.- If TSM is performing the backup of a big file with option static, wha=
will happen to an application that would like to use the file after TSM i=
working with it? and if the option is dynamic?
The file in question is an Oracle database. The backup is performed with =
the
application stopped and a full database backup. They normally have the
window to do this, but eventually the backup finished after the time that
the Oracle application automatically starts. The problem they have with
Legato is that when Oracle tries to open the database, if it is being
processed by backup, it fails to open correctly, can not write the
timestamp, and the database is corrupted.
They want to know what will happen with TSM.

2.- They are planning to install a high availability solution with HP-UX.
The question is: what happen if one of the processors fails in the middle=
 of
a TSM operation? Does the second processor takes over without interruptio=
n,
the operation fails o what?
I have heard in the forum of Clustered NT but I haven't heard anything ab=
out
the Unix solution. Is it supported in TSM?
Is the implementation documented somewhere?

Thanks very much for any help
Maria Gimeno