ADSM-L

Re: Guidlines for New *SM server

2000-04-25 15:13:30
Subject: Re: Guidlines for New *SM server
From: Lawrence Clark <Larry_Clark AT THRUWAY.STATE.NY DOT US>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 15:13:30 -0400
Hi:

We currently backup a mix of NT and RS/6000 servers to an AIX based ADSM server.

Management has decided they now want to provide backup services for some 1200
PC clients, mostly WIN95. Since they are distributed sites we would probably go
with distributed NT based ADSM servers that hold backup data locally on disk
based storage pools.

Does anyone have any experience with the likely compression we would
experience, e.g., how much would 10 GB of pc data likely compress to on the NT
storage pool?

Larry Clark
NYS Thruway Authority