ADSM-L

Numformat does not seem to work

2000-04-25 12:20:04
Subject: Numformat does not seem to work
From: John Schneider <jdschn AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 11:20:04 -0500
Greetings,
    Has anyone else noticed that the 'numformat' server option does not
seem to work correctly?  We want to set it to '4', which means that
instead of a comma for the thousands place it would use a space.  But it
doesn't seem to work.  We have changed it and restarted the server, and
a 'q vol' still gives us back numbers like:

Volume Name               Storage      Device      Estimated    Pct
Volume
                          Pool Name    Class Name   Capacity   Util
Status
                                                        (MB)
------------------------  -----------  ----------  ---------  -----
--------
--------
/adsm3/archive1.dsm       ARCHIVEPOOL  DISK             32.0   47.0
/adsm3/archive1.dsm       ARCHIVEPOOL  DISK             32.0   47.0
On-Line
/usr/lpp/adsmserv/bin/a-  ARCHIVEPOOL  DISK              8.0    0.0
On-Line
 rchive.dsm
28B588                    MAGSTARCOPY  MAGSTAR      11,001.7   49.8
Full
28B592                    MAGSTARCOPY  MAGSTAR      10,466.9   99.8
Full
28B683                    MAGSTAR      MAGSTAR       7,258.5   99.9
Full

See the comma in the Estimated Capacity column?  Shouldn't 'numformat 4'
take that comma away?  The reason this is annoying is when you write
scripts that use 'commadelimit', and get all messed up because sometimes
the values themselves have a comma in them.  I ended up recoding all my
scripts to use 'tabdelimit' instead, but I still wonder if this is a bug
or not.  Not the most annoying thing in the world, but I certainly
scratched my head awhile before I finally gave up and did it another
way.  I tried this under TSM 3.7 and ADSM 3.1.2.20, and both exhibit the
behavior.
    BTW, my language is en_US, in case it matters.

Any ideas?

John Schneider

* John D. Schneider   Email: jdschn AT attglobal DOT net * Phone: 636-349-4556
* Lowery Systems, Inc.
* 1329 Horan                  Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are
* Fenton, MO 63026                   mine and mine alone.