ADSM-L

Re: ANR8310E

2000-04-24 07:39:07
Subject: Re: ANR8310E
From: "Burns, Kye" <Krburns AT FIRSTAM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 04:39:07 -0700
ANR8310E An I/O error occurred while accessing library library name.
Explanation: An I/O error occurs while accessing the designated library.
System Action: The operation fails.
User Response: Ensure that the DEVICE parameter associated with the library
is identified correctly in the DEFINE LIBRARY command, and that the library
is currently powered on and ready. If the library has an access door, make
sure it is closed. After checking and correcting these potential problems,
retry the operation.
Also check to make sure the drives are available for the tape to mount. If
processes are running and tapes are taking up the drives you won't be able
to checkin the tape until you dismount the idle volume. Do a "q mount"
command and check for an IDLE tape and use command "dismount volume xxx". I
hope this helps.

Kye Burns
Data Systems Operator           Phone:  (619) 938-7905
First American CREDCO           Fax:     (619)) 938-7596
12395 First American Way        email:  krburns AT firstam DOT com
Poway, CA 92064