ADSM-L

Audit Library

2000-04-21 09:55:58
Subject: Audit Library
From: Jack Palmadesso <Jack.Palmadesso AT SWPC.SIEMENS DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 09:55:58 -0400
I'd like to run an audit library on our 3494 library.  The help audit volume
command states that this process will make the library unavailable to restores
and retrieves until it completes.  Should I stop all adsm processes that use
tapes like reclamation or migration in order to slot these tapes?

What I am worried about is whether the robot will be able to see the tapes that
are mounted in any of the drives and mark them as being out of the library.
Will the audit library include tapes that are currently mounted?

Please send responses to my e-mail as well as list serv.

Thanks
Jack