ADSM-L

Re: "Server media mount not possible"..The nightmare continues..

2000-04-19 23:54:41
Subject: Re: "Server media mount not possible"..The nightmare continues..
From: "Cook, Dwight E" <cookde AT BP DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 22:54:41 -0500
OK, try this... rather than send it straight to tape... make a dummy
diskpool with no disks in it, then have its nextpool be the tape pool.  In
my example of things working fine in TSM 3.7.2.0 that was actually how I
tested it, just set all my vols to readonly in the diskpool and saw if it
rolled to the next tapepool and it did and all worked fine...
I know this sounds like a band aid fix but if it works...
so just set a dummy diskpool with no disks in it and make its next pool the
tapepool.

Dwight