ADSM-L

Re: Server media mount not possible - found out even more worrying details!!..

2000-04-19 10:01:06
Subject: Re: Server media mount not possible - found out even more worrying details!!..
From: Fred Johanson <fred AT MIDWAY.UCHICAGO DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 09:01:06 -0500
Haven't done it for a while with ADSM.  Have with SBT.  Never had a problem
either way.  If the copygroup points at a tapepool, that's where it goes.

At 08:05 AM 4/19/2000 +0100, you wrote:
Hi Chaps,

After further investigation, I have found that TSM cannot back up STRAIGHT
to tape, regardless as to the size of the file. (I did a test by setting
up a "straight to tape" storage pool and it gave me the "server media
mount not possible" message.

So, it now appears that we cannot write to tape (which is even MORE
worrying!!!) (Although we CAN backup the stoarge pools to our tape "copy"
storage pool OK)

Any pointers?..

Kind Regards,

Roy Lake.

** IMPORTANT INFORMATION **
This message is intended only for the use of the person(s) ("the Intended
Recipient")
to whom it is addressed. It may contain information which is privileged
and confidential
within the meaning of applicable law. Accordingly any dissemination,
distribution, copying
or other use of this message or any of its content by any person other
than the Intended
Recipient may constitute a breach of civil or criminal law and is strictly
prohibited.

The views in this message or it's attachments are that of the sender.

If you are not the Intended Recipient please contact the sender and
dispose of this email
as soon as possible. If in doubt contact the Axial System Support Desk
on +44 208 592 6666 x 296 (UK).

Fred Johanson
System Administrator, ADSM
S.E.A.