ADSM-L

Re: Question about scheduled backups !!

2000-04-18 18:36:29
Subject: Re: Question about scheduled backups !!
From: Joel Fuhrman <joelf AT CAC.WASHINGTON DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 15:36:29 -0700
If your talking about the DURation value as defined in the schedule, I have
a different understanding of its use.  I believe it defines when the backup
must start.  If the backup starts before the duration expires, the backup
can run well past the duration.  If you increase the duration, you may avoid
the error.

Check your server and client logs to see if the server was trying to contact
the client during the startup window.  If not, you may not have enough
server sessions available.  From QUERY STATUS check Maximum Sessions,
Maximum Scheduled Sessions and Schedule Randomization Percentage.