ADSM-L

increasing TSM 3.7 db size on AIX 4.3

2000-04-17 11:48:39
Subject: increasing TSM 3.7 db size on AIX 4.3
From: Roy Lake <roylake AT ROYLAKE.SCREAMING DOT NET>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 16:48:39 +0100
Hi Chaps,

Could you please confirm the correct way to increase the db size in AIX for TSM
3.7 is as follows:-

I have done a q db, and get the following (so I can't extend it at the moment)

Available     Assigned   Maximum     Maximum       Page     Total        Used
    Pct     Max.
 Space       Capacity    Extension     Reduction       Size      Usable
Pages     Util     Pct
   (MB)          (MB)         (MB)         (MB) (bytes)     Pages
   Util
-----------       -----------      ------------       ---------------
--------    ------------   -----------    --------  -------
  --------    ------------   -----------    --------  -------
    800           800              0                132             4,096
204,800   168,936    82.5    82.5

1) define dbvolume /adsm/db/dbvol9 formatsize=100

(This will create a TSM ready db volume 100 meg in size in the given filesystem
- correct????)

2) extend db 100

(This will extend the current database size to include the 100 meg that I just
added)

Is this the correct way to do it, or do I have to create the db file in AIX
first?

Kind Regards,

Roy.