ADSM-L

ADSM and AIX root access

2000-04-14 15:32:27
Subject: ADSM and AIX root access
From: Dale Gieseke <Dale.Gieseke AT TORO DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 14:32:27 -0500
We have ADSM server running on AIX 4.3.2 which is backing up many AIX client
systems. The UNIX admins install the server and client code. The ADSM
administrator does all other tasks related to ADSM.

Our shop is trying to reduce the number of people that have access to the UNIX
root userid.

Question:  Is it possible to administer the ADSM server and its clients without
having access to the UNIX root user?  By administer I mean things like changing
the client options file, the server options file, recycling the client
scheduler, and restoring files. How do other shops handle this?  Any thoughts
would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Dale