ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:31:35
Hi

We are looking at migrating our OS2 servers to NT. They will have the =
same
IP address and hostname. At present incrementals are run on the OS2 =
clients.
Can someone tell me what will happen on the first incremental backup of =
the
new NT server with the same hostname. Will it create a new filespace in =
the
storage pool called the same name but showing a different OS and not =
take
any note of the previous backups from the OS2 client, hence the first =
backup
will be a full backup.
Hopefully this is not the case as we have some 7 GB of files on some =
clients
that we don't want to backup again.
Also, is it possible to recover files from the old OS2 backups to the =
new NT
client.
ADSM 3.1

Regards