ADSM-L

Re: Cross client restore with BACKINT

2000-04-13 09:21:21
Subject: Re: Cross client restore with BACKINT
From: "Kauffman, Tom" <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 08:21:21 -0500
We do it fairly frequently.

This involves 'cheating' on two levels.

One is fairly simple -- tell *SM that the QA system is the Production
system. Put a 'nodename XXXXXX' in the dsm.sys file used by the *SM API. On
AIX, this is in /usr/lpp/adsm/api/bin (if it's a link to the DSM.SYS in
/usr/lpp/adsm/bin, break the link and copy the file).

The other is more complex -- tell SAP and Oracle that the QA system is
Production. You'll need to change the SID in the .dbenv and .kshrc/.cshrc
files. We also swap the ora<sid> entry in /etc/passwd. And, the other joy --
dismount the QA filesystems and remount them as PRD.

In our case, for example, unmount /oracle/TST/sapdata<n> and remount
/dev/lvsapdata<n> /oracle/PRD/sapdata<n>.

Then use sapdba or brrestore to do the restore.

Your DBA will need to build a new control file before you unmount/remount
back to the QA names; your basis staff will need to clean up the environment
after restarting (lock out users, delete batch processes, possibly delete
printers, and other such).

HTH --

Tom Kauffman
NIBCO, Inc