ADSM-L

Undefined Volume

2000-04-12 07:25:46
Subject: Undefined Volume
From: "Burns, Kye" <Krburns AT FIRSTAM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 04:25:46 -0700
Hello *SMer's,
Probably a basic question, however I need expert opinions. Their is one
volume in the library which has a status of Private. In the Last Use column
their would be the word data, however their is only in the column a "blank
space" when I query the library (q libvol). Quering the content told me that
the volume is not defined. I wonder may their still be data on this tape? If
so could  I use Move Data command? Suppose if their were data on the tape I
would not know what stgpool it belonged to since it is not defined. Can I
use the move data + volume name, and see if ADSM will recognize the proper
stgpool to target the data to? Will I be able to use the move data command
at all under current circumstances? Sorry for an exhaustive explanation.
Thanks

Kye Burns
Data Systems Operator           Phone:  (619) 938-7905
First American CREDCO           Fax:     (619)) 938-7596
12395 First American Way        email: krburns AT firstam DOT com
Poway, CA 92064