ADSM-L

Re: 3590: automatic tape mount

2000-04-11 15:17:15
Subject: Re: 3590: automatic tape mount
From: "Kauffman, Tom" <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 14:17:15 -0500
It's been a long time since our 3590 went away -- but if I remember
correctly, the stand-alone 3590 (B11?) with the 10-tape automounter is
configured as a *library*. At the front panel, set the mode to random, then
define the device class to ADSM as 3590 and assign a library name. Then
define the library as TYPE=SCSI and DEVICE=/dev/smcx (use lsdev -C or SMIT
-> DEVICES -> ADSM Devices -> Library/MediumChanger to see what the device
id is).
id is).

The *autoloader* is stricly a sequential tape magazine for 3480/3490 tape
drives.

Tom Kauffman
NIBCO, Inc