ADSM-L

NT recovery Simulation

2015-10-04 17:31:35
Subject: NT recovery Simulation
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
I am trying to simulate a disaster recovery of one of our NT boxes.  I have
done the following:

1)      Setup a hardware similar to the failed PC with 2 partitions (C & D).

2)      Partition 2 (D) will b used to recover partition 1 (C)

3)      Installed WINNT on D along with Service Pack 6 and ADSM.

4)      Retored Failed Server (NT Server, ADSM, ADSM.SYS...) onto C:

5)      Copied BOOT.INI, NTLDR & NTDETECT.COM from original server on to the
new PC.

6)      Restarted PC.

7)      Received error NTOSKRNL.EXE missing or corupted.

What am I Missing here.  and if anyone has done similar thing with success
what have you done.

Thanks

Mehdi Amini
Valueoptions