ADSM-L

Copies of DR data

2000-04-07 12:15:48
Subject: Copies of DR data
From: Dale Gieseke <Dale.Gieseke AT TORO DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 11:15:48 -0500
We copy all our backup and archive data to copy storage pools each morning and
send these tapes offsite for disaster recovery purposes.

It has been suggested that we should have two copies of all data offsite. The
thinking is that in the event of a true disaster, one of the copies would be
sent to the recovery site and the second copy be retained at the offsite
storage facility just in case the first copy is lost or destroyed during
shipping. Or is not readable at the hotsite.

Do other ADSM shops keep more than one copy of data offsite for disaster
recovery purposes?    Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Dale