ADSM-L

Re: Why doesn't it show me AIX filesystems ??

2000-04-07 11:11:43
Subject: Re: Why doesn't it show me AIX filesystems ??
From: James R Owen <Jim.Owen AT YALE DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 11:11:43 -0400
Robert,
Contrary to what Richard say below, I believe ADSM clients now update the
client
type with the OS-type of the client node that most recently accessed the ADSM
server.  That would indicate that you used the same client nodename originally
for an AIX system and more recently for a WinNT system.  You can not restore
the
AIX files using a WinNT system, in case that is what you are attempting to do;
ADSM only supports restores among "similar" OS families:  UNIX, Win*, etc.
If you did a backup from the WinNT client, then you have a mess, but should
still
have both WinNT and AIX file spaces available separately but only from the
appropriate client type (definately not recommended practice!-)

--
Jim.Owen AT Yale DOT Edu   (203.432.6693)
Jim.Owen AT Yale DOT Edu   (203.432.6693)