ADSM-L

Re: Pros and cons of NT 4 as an ADSM server platform

2000-04-06 12:08:45
Subject: Re: Pros and cons of NT 4 as an ADSM server platform
From: Stuart Robertson <s.robertson AT UNITECH-UK DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 16:08:45 +0000
Stick with AIX.

Ken Long <ken.long AT WHEDA DOT COM> on 06/04/2000 02:55:14 PM

  To:          ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

  cc:          (bcc: Stuart Robertson/Edinburgh/Unitech)

  Subject      Pros and cons of NT 4 as an ADSM server
  :            platform

Hello

Our ADSM server is currently an AIX F40 box.  With an upgrade to TSM being
planned, the question comes up, should we continue to use AIX as the ADSM server
platform or should we migrate to NT servers which are generally less costly?

I'm very happy with the performance and robustness of ADSM on AIX, but
management is interested in minimizing server platforms.

What's the history of running the ADSM server on an NT platform?  Is it as
robust and reliable as what I have on AIX?  Are there known limitations using
NT?

Thanks... Ken